Property Investment & Taxation
Major topics to be covered include:
– Current property taxation arrangements in Australia.
– A review and comparison of housing taxation arrangements internationally.
– The price effects of these taxes on housing affordability.
– Improving taxation arrangements affecting housing housing affordability.
– Proposed restrictions on, or the abolition of negative gearing and capital gains tax and the affect on housing affordability for first home buyers.
The following report on Housing Affordability by the Australian Productivity Commission will assist when writing the paper.