Do not ask “what if” questions, i.e. “What if the bear were another animal?”
- Do not ask overly general questions, i.e. “What are some influences on the creation of the Tang’un myth?”
- Try not to ask questions that would require an expert or a lot of research to be undertaken to respond to your questions, i.e. “The advent of the Bronze Age and the increase in metal tools helped early Korean society develop. How did the development of technology help the development of societies on the Korean peninsula?
- Think about the point of the readings and the lectures, what are the week’s themes? Then take a point or points that you found interesting and develop your questions from there, using the assigned text
- Be specific, point to passages or a quote if need be to formulate your questions
- Think about the purpose of your questions and your audience