choose a case study that reflects an ethical dilemma in the media (or could be explored further using) a theoretical perspective covered in class. Your main goal will be to examine the ethical dimensions of a significant case study of mediated communication and offer a critical analysis that illuminates new insight regarding personal, social, cultural, political, or historical responsibility. REMEMBER: this is not a descriptive analysis of your case study; it is a critical analysis with theoretical reflection. Your job is not simply to summarize the theory or describe a case study, it is: (a) to create an analysis that provokes thought and inspires reflection of ethical issues apparent in mediated communication (b) to produce thoughtful argumentative writing based on the knowledge you now possess as a result of your careful reading. ”
Piece you will be doing: “Installment #1: Conflicting Values – 50 points – DUE 2/11
Identify and explain the key values in conflict of a significant case study as it pertains to mediated communication (i.e., journalism, public relations, production, cinema/media, etc).
• Explain how each value might be given priority and thus offer a solution.
• Decide which value should be given priority and justify it.
• Will your decision promote key concepts such as justice, respect, transparency, etc.? How so?
• Are these concepts overridden by some other compelling interest?
• If they are, justify the exception that your decision creates.”
and experience the difference of letting the professionals do the work for you!